By using PDT’s non-invasive light technology, our doctors can now treat a range of skin conditions in a fast, relatively pain-less and affordable way with minimal side effects and downtime. PDT is an alternative treatment to cryotherapy, skin cancers creams or surgery, all of which can potentially leave unsightly scars. PDT has no documented history of scarring and provides excellent cosmetic results especially in cosmetically sensitive areas.
PDT also has many cosmetic benefits for your skin to help improve the overall health, look and feel of your skin. PDT provides exceptional cosmetic results for sun damaged and aged skin, rosacea, acne, large pores, fine lines, pigmentation and skin discolouration. PDT is also very effective in bringing new life to aged skin in areas that in the past have been hard to treat such as the décolletage, arms, hands and legs.
Why PDT is a great option:
- Treats superficial skin cancer
- Precancerous skin lesion (Actinic Keratosis)
- Skin rejuvenation
- Solar damage & pigmentation
- Avoids the need for surgery and scarring
- Minimal side effects and down time
- The treatment is able to be customised to your individual needs (especially cost vs downtime).
- Does not prevent you from undergoing any other cosmetic, medical or surgical procedures in the future